REQUIREMENTS + EXPECTATIONS
1. ALL PARENT VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED to wear ALL BLACK clothing, and quiet, rubber-soled shoes.
2. ALL VOLUNTEER ROLES ARE ASSIGNED BY LOTTERY. We recognize the incredible talents all our parent volunteers bring to the backstage operations of our productions. If you are not assigned a role for this production, it is not personal.
3. YOU AGREE TO THRIVE IN YOUR DESIGNATED VOLUNTEER ROLE AND DO YOUR JOB. We value the time and talent you bring to our backstage operations, and your efforts are an asset to our production.
4. YOU WILL NOT FOCUS ON YOUR CHILD ONLY. Your generous assistance to all our dancers backstage does not go unnoticed. Thank you for nurturing and supporting all our performers.
5. PARENT VOLUNTEERS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE WINGS AT ANY TIME UNLESS YOU ARE DESIGNATED AS A STAGE RUNNER. STAGE RUNNERS HAVE SPECIFIC ASSIGNMENTS AND ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE WINGS AT ANY TIME OTHERWISE.
6. ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEOGRAPHY OF ANY DRESS REHEARSALS OR PERFORMANCES. SDAB takes great pride in the professional videography we do for all our copyrighted productions. This is made available for purchase to all our families post-production. Furthermore, unintended flashes are dangerous to dancers performing.
7. PARENT VOLUNTEERS ARE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE WARM YET AUTHORITATIVE DIRECTION AND ASSISTANCE TO ALL DANCERS BACKSTAGE. IT IS YOUR JOB TO ENSURE CHILDREN ARE QUIET, CONTAINED, AND RESPECTFUL OF THE CONRAD THEATRE DRESSING ROOMS, THEATRE SPACE, UNION PERSONNEL, AND THE REHEARSAL PROCESS. SDAB WILL BE FINED IF WE VIOLATE THE ABOVE CONRAD THEATER POLICIES. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO TO ENSURE OUR REPUTATION MAINTAINS OUR HIGH-CALIBER STANDARDS OF TRAINING, EXCELLENCE, AND PROFESSIONALISM.